Environmental Management Solutions have a vacancy for a Surveyors Assistant / Trainee Asbestos Surveyor to join our growing team.
EMS are an environmental consultancy based in Herefordshire, with offices in Worcester, Cardiff and London and operate contracts throughout the UK. We specialise in UKAS accredited Asbestos Consultancy for a vast range of clients including Housing Associations, NHS Trusts and local authorities as well as a wide range of private clients.
The candidate will be given full training, with no previous experience being required. There is an opportunity to progress to a trainee position and on to taking the relevant P402 qualifications to become a qualified asbestos surveyor in the future.
Duties will include:
• Working alongside experience site surveyors & assisting them with
• Travelling/Driving to sites throughout the UK & Ireland.
working hours will be Monday to Friday however the role
requires a degree of flexibility including occasional nights
away and the possibility of evening and weekend work.
• Drawing plans using a hand-held PDA system
• Taking photographs as part of reports
• Assisting with ladder access
• Delivering samples to our inhouse laboratory
• Driving License (essential) – a company vehicle will be
• Local to Newport/South Wales (essential)
• Experience of Construction Industry (not required but may be an
• The position is full time (40 hours a week)
• We offer a competitive salary a company vehicle will be provided
and there is option to join our company pension scheme.
This role will suit a responsible, individual with a conscientious approach to work, seeking an opportunity for a progressive career path. Continuing development is available for the right candidate.
Applicants must be able to work on their own initiative and have good communication skills as well as a proactive and diligent approach to their work.
Send CV’s and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org