It has been almost a month since we won Professional Services Business of the Year at the Herefordshire Business Awards- what a fantastic night it was! Our category was sponsored by Dawleys, and we were joined in it by fellow finalists Berrys, Thomas Carroll and John Finch Computers.
Hosted by Herefordshire Means Business, the awards were a celebration of the diverse range of businesses working throughout Herefordshire. We were very privileged to sit amongst a room full of finalists, selected from over 150 entries. The awards were sponsored by Allpay and hosted at the Three Counties Hotel in Hereford with host Matt Teale from ITV news presenting the evening and the awards to the winners.
We thought we would share some of the most important beliefs we work to at EMS which allow us to provide fantastic service, to retain our longstanding and diverse list of clients and look after our brilliant team of staff, who we couldn’t do it all without!
• ‘Key to our business model is high client retention, focus on service and quality and development of our key staff’
• Attention to detail and personal approach mean we have a high rate of client retention including clients we first worked for in 2003′
• ’EMS’s approach to customer service, quality standards comes from our wholehearted belief that every client is special’
• Our approach to communication stems from our small company approach to business. We offer a personal, one-to-one style approach with our clients and a ‘first name’ approach to all aspects of communication. We believe this fosters a collaborative way of communication, which is key to building strong client relationships.
• EMS value the importance of avoiding a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
• We understand that when providing solutions and services for our clients, they must be personal.
• This is reflected in all our business solutions- every client is unique, and so is our service.
• ‘We believe in our ‘home-grown’ staff culture and have invested in local trainees and employees throughout our history’
We approach our twentieth year of trading in 2023, and after what has been a very busy and very successful year for EMS, we have some exciting new developments and celebrations lined up for the new year for our big birthday. Many of these will start to be announced early in 2023, so do watch this space.
It does feel like EMS has come a long way in twenty years, from a 1-person team in a portacabin, to an award winning environmental consultancy with over 30 staff, how times have changed!